Negative reviews are an unfortunate — but entirely normal — part of doing business. Don't be surprised to read the occasional negative review. While it's important to look for patterns in your reviews to see opportunities for growth, you should take any individual perspective with a grain of salt.
Nobody likes to get a negative review, and it's even worse if you think it violates your legal rights. Consider the consequences before you get your lawyer on the phone, however. Defamation suits are notoriously expensive and difficult to win. We do not recommend drawing attention to posts that would otherwise be ignored by most rational consumers. There may be rare cases when it's appropriate to take legal action, but in most cases, you won't get what you are looking for by suing someone who gives you a bad review.
In the event that you do not agree with a review about your business, WeddingWire highly encourages that you reach out to the customer to discuss how expectations were not met and how to best resolve any outstanding issues. Reviewers have the ability to update or edit their review at any time.
Responding to a Review:
If your discussion with the client is unsuccessful, you should respond to the using our review response tool located next to each of your business reviews.
Review Response Tips:
Many times, the best course of action is to formulate an empathetic, professional response that directly addresses any customer concerns.
- Be direct and to the point, in a professional manner
- Be empathetic and non-combative
- Address any issues head on and take responsibility for issues (if needed)
- Describe in detail how you resolved or addressed all issues
- Invite future clients to see your work and judge for themselves
Disputing a Review:
- Log in to your WeddingWire account
- Click 'Manage Reviews' under the 'Reviews' tab
- You will see all reviews posted about your business.
- With each review, you have the opportunity to "Respond" or "Dispute" (located on the bottom right side of each review).
- If you respond, your comments will be posted directly below the reviewer's comments for the public to see.
- If you dispute, the WeddingWire Team will conduct a formal investigation to determine the review's validity.