We recommend that every pro responds to every review that they receive - good or bad! Let couples see how you interact with your clients so that they have a better understanding of what it is like to work with you.
Remember that not all experiences will go as planned and those may result in some not so positive reviews which can be hard to swallow. Before you respond - take a moment to review the following:
- People who read reviews are looking for ALL experience, not just the good ones. It is as important, if not more important, for potential clients to see how you handle a situation where things didn’t work out as expected.
- Do not convince yourself that one client’s poor experience will negate every positive review on our site(s). Reviews under 4-stars help give added credibility to all your great reviews.
- Be honest with yourself. Is there some truth or trends you are seeing in reviews? Is this an opportunity for you to make some changes that could potentially stop a similar situation from happening again in the future.
- Do not be reactive, be thoughtful. Tempting as it may be, we often see that lashing out in responses has an adverse effect on what you are trying to achieve by responding.
- Start by waiting for 48 hours. Take a step back to reflect on the feedback and determine the best steps forward to ensure you are handling the situation logically, not emotionally. Thank the reviewer for taking the time to share their feedback and try to put yourself in the mindset of a potential client reading this response and what impact it will have on them.