We know you want to book more weddings. So let’s make sure you’re making a great first impression with these simple checks!
Things to know before we jump in:
- We have a professional content team that will write your storefront description and choose a main image to ensure it’s optimized to catch your ideal client’s eye. They typically complete this work within 3-5 business days from your contract execution. If you get in there first, you can write your own description and the content team will review it for best practices like formatting, punctuation, and SEO keywords. If they make edits outside of simple spelling and punctuation, they’ll always email you to let you know.
- We care about inclusivity and nondiscrimination and don’t tolerate any hate speech.(Nondiscrimination Policy)
- Please use inclusive language like “couples” instead of “bride” or “groom”
- Avoid language that romanticizes the history of slavery
- Include diverse images
- It helps to update your storefront, especially the photos, a few times a year to keep trends fresh and relevant
- Don’t write in all caps, it tends to look informal
- General Storefront Tips:
- You’ll see some required fields in your account. We need at least those details to set your storefront live.
- Do not include blocks of text taken from another source like your own website. Duplicated content has a negative impact on your SEO. Varying your descriptions across The Knot, WeddingWire, and anywhere else you promote your business helps you rank higher in search results.
- Use proper spelling and grammar to accurately convey your business details.
- Make it easy for couples to research you and contact you with:
- A verified business name
- Your business address
- A phone number
- An email address
- Links to your professional Instagram, Facebook, and/or website
- If pricing transparency is part of your business strategy, add pricing using the Products and Services section on The Knot and the FAQs section on WeddingWire.
- Photos: Pros who have more than 20 photos see 19% higher lead conversion than those who only have 1!
- We require a hi-resolution main image. It makes a good first impression on couples, so choose something that really represents your brand. We’ll choose one for you if you don’t set it.
- Highlight the best 30-50 horizontal, hi-resolution photos. It’s okay if you don’t have 30 photos yet! Quality over quantity is key here. Not sure where to start? Pull in 8 of the most-liked hi-resolution photos from your social accounts.
- Please do not upload images with text obscuring them or that include contact information, screenshots, reviews, menus, or promotional material. Small watermarks are okay.
- Reviews: Pros with reviews receive more than double the leads of pros who have none!
- Use our templates to request reviews from couples and always respond to reviews to show prospective clients you’re active on your storefront and that you want to connect with them.
A Final Note
Our content team reviews and edits each storefront thoughtfully, taking into careful consideration what makes each pro or venue unique. Delivering the best, most valuable user experience for everyone is our top priority.